What Is Firebird?
Firebird is a mature, open-source SQL relational database that runs on a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Linux, macOS, HP-UX, and more.
Who Uses Firebird?
Once a very popular database, many organizations around the world continue to use it to this day. However, newer businesses tend to opt for more modern and up-to-date options.
Why is Firebird Popular?
Firebird is a mature and stable database that is completely free for commercial and personal use.
Integrating Firebird REST API
Here’s the good news: building a Firebird REST API doesn’t need to take weeks of work, or even days. The DreamFactory platform’s enterprise-grade APIs enable your app to create, retrieve, and update data in your Casandra database without a single line of code. DreamFactory does the heavy lifting for you, so your team can focus on other important tasks.
- Fully-featured REST API: Get up and running with a fully-featured, fully-documented, and completely secure Firebird REST API. With just a few minutes setup, your developers will be able to use standard operations (create, retrieve, update, and delete) through your API to manage your data.
- Highly Secure: Keep your data safe with DreamFactory. Security features include SSO authentication, JWT, highly specific Role-Based Access Controls, and CORS.
- Data Governance: Keep your compliance department as happy as your engineering departments. The DreamFactory Platform helps you ensure your data remains compliant with GDPR, HIPAA, and other key regulations.
- Multiple Databases, One API Response: With Data Mesh, you can create virtual foreign key relationships with other databases, including Oracle and Microsoft SQL. No coding or schema editing required.
- Single Pane of Glass: DreamFactory grows with you, enabling you to create, manage, and track every API your business needs through a single easy-to-use platform.
In addition to Firebird, DreamFactory supports REST API creation for a wide range of other popular databases, including Cassandra, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL.
Are you ready to set up a REST API for Firebird? DreamFactory. Contact a member of the DreamFactory team today to discuss your next steps.
If you'd like to build powerful API-driven applications, get in touch, or start a hosted trial today! We can quickly set you up with a hosted or on-premise trial so you can experience the power of the DreamFactory Platform.