MySQL is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) that is one of the leading solutions for building relational (SQL) databases. With 52 percent of software developers using MySQL, it’s no surprise that creating a MySQL REST API is so highly in demand.
The good news: MySQL REST API integration is a breeze, thanks to the DreamFactory platform. With DreamFactory, developers can create a MySQL REST API in just minutes.
For users looking to create a REST API for MySQL, DreamFactory offers the following advantages:
- Speed: Building custom REST APIs is one of the biggest bottlenecks in modern software development—on average, back-end engineers take 34 days to build a single API from scratch. The DreamFactory platform enables users to slash their project development speeds by weeks or months.
- Ease of use: DreamFactory is an easy-to-use, no-code solution that lets even non-technical users create REST API integrations for MySQL in a snap. Engineers are always available for 24/7, round-the-clock support.
- Flexibility: DreamFactory is a scalable, stateless solution. This makes it easily portable to any operating system and infrastructure, whether public, private, or hybrid.
- Security: Data security should be a critical concern for any MySQL integration. DreamFactory supports essential features such as Role-Based Access Controls, SSO Authentication, JWT, CORS, OAuth, and Active Directory that ensure your data is secure at each API endpoint. Configuration is easy within the DreamFactory web-based administration console.
- Unified interface: MySQL is only one of many REST API integrations that goes into a typical software development project. The DreamFactory platform is an all-in-one REST API management solution that offers a single pane of glass for all your REST API integration needs.
DreamFactory has helped thousands of companies around the world get more out of their REST API integration projects, including MySQL. To learn more about REST API integration for your SQL database of choice, get in touch with the DreamFactory team today.
So how easy is it to generate a MySQL-backed API using DreamFactory? With a set of database credentials in hand, you can complete the entire process in less than 5 minutes. Check out Chapter 3 of our "Getting Started with DreamFactory" guide to learn how to generate the API, apply role-based access controls, generate an API key, and begin querying your API in no time.
If you'd like to build powerful API-driven applications, get in touch, or start a hosted trial today! We can quickly set you up with a hosted or on-premise trial so you can experience the power of the DreamFactory Platform.