To Authenticate Squarespace with LDAP, book a demo with DreamFactory. DreamFactory is an open source API gateway that can handle all of your customized integrations.
What is DreamFactory?
DreamFactory is the premier API lifecycle management platform.
It eliminates duplication of effort in code development, documentation, and testing by allowing you to model your application easily and create fully-documented REST API.
This enables agile application developers to build, deploy and maintain new applications faster.
DreamFactory's capabilities go well beyond integrating APIs with a wide range of authentication providers. Additional security-related features include:
- Automated API key management
- Granular role-based access controls, allowing you to restrict APIs to specific endpoints and even limit access by HTTP method
- Request volume limiting on a per-service, per-user, and even a per-endpoint basis
- The ability to extend endpoints using custom scripting, allowing for data masking, input validation, geofencing, and much more
What is Squarespace?
The Squarespace platform is a Content Management System that makes it easy to build and manage websites.
Squarespace has a simple drag-and-drop interface lets you effortlessly design, build, and host your website, while shops let you sell your goods online.
Building your site with the Squarespace platform has many benefits. These benefits include:
- Access to powerful publishing tools
- A mobile app that makes it easy to upload content and stay on top of changes
- Easy-to-access analytics to let you better understand how your site is performing
- full domain name services -- including email -- which let you create everything under your own valuable and memorable web address
- 24/7 support team which is always there to help when you need them
What is LDAP?
LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) is a vendor-neutral directory services protocol commonly used for enterprise-wide user authentication. Logically, developers will wish to incorporate LDAP authentication into API-based authentication workflows, and the DreamFactory Platform offers an incredibly simple solution for doing so.
LDAP is just one of several authentication schemes supported by DreamFactory, including Active Directory, basic authentication, SAML, OAuth, and OpenID. All of these schemes can easily be configured within DreamFactory's web-based administration console. Once configured, integrating LDAP-based authentication into your DreamFactory-backed application workflow is a snap.