DreamFactory and Government
Like any other complex enterprise, governments also need to modernize IT infrastructure, make services and data more transparent, provide self-service options for citizens, and develop mobile applications. One common use case is when a governmental institution needs to provide access to public information. They need a low cost and flexible way to do this. In some cases, they are required by law to provide the information. In other cases, they need to integrate with partners like public utilities. Governments often need to develop mobile applications to provide services and information. Doing this can lower cost, provide better service, and enable significant new capabilities, like emergency warnings and notifications.
Faster Outcomes, Smaller Teams
DreamFactory can instantly unlock data bottled up inside government databases by generating REST APIs which your developers can then integrate into citizen-facing web and mobile applications. Each API includes complete documentation, and is secured by default. Once generated, administrators can use point-and-click controls to add:
- Role restrictions: Define exactly what data can be exposed through your APIs, ensuring sensitive information is never leaked.
- Limiting: Place time-based limits on API access, helping to reduce the possibility of unauthorized data downloads by malicious third-parties or disgruntled employees.
- Logging: Integrate with the powerful API monitoring tools to create real-time dashboards capable of watching API health, request volume, and any other conceivable metric.
Government entities are often forced to wrangle data residing in multiple different databases. DreamFactory's Data Mesh feature can merge data from these multiple databases, even if they hail from different vendors. By unifying your data, your team will be able to implement impactful solutions such as:
- Creating unified dashboards: Departments and the citizenry can obtain birds-eye views of various governmental functions and data.
- Performing real-time translations: Response data can be passed through third-party APIs such as IBM Watson, allowing you to perform real-time language translations to suit an increasingly diverse population.
- Obfuscate and delete sensitive data: Naturally some data won't be intended for viewing by restricted parties; you can easily obfuscate or altogether remove this data via one of four supported scripting engines.
DreamFactory is by no means limited to solely auto-generating database APIs. The platform supports thousands of third-party data sources and services, including e-mail delivery, mobile notifications, REST and SOAP services, and custom scripted services. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities, including:
- ServiceNow integration: ServiceNow is a popular solution amongst city, county, and state governments. It's easy to integrate ServiceNow and DreamFactory, opening up all sorts of interesting possibilities such as synchronizing data with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Active Directory authentication: DreamFactory includes robust support for Active Directory integration, allowing your team to easily integrate Active Directory authentication into web and mobile applications.
- Text message-based queries: It's easy to add Twilio, Nexmo, and other text message delivery providers to DreamFactory, allowing you to create custom messaging solutions that plug right into your internal systems.
DreamFactory works with many of the world's largest banks and financial institutions, helping them to build and deploy powerful solutions under budget and on time. We'd love to schedule some time to learn more about how we can help you!